White Chicken Green Chili Stew Recipe

This is THE BEST recipe EVER - but forgive me if I'm not 100% accurate on my measurements, because I kinda just made this up as I went along and don't measure my seasonings!

First, what you will need:

-3 cans of Great Northern Beans
-3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (diced into small pieces, trimmed, and watch out for any gristle)
-1 box of chicken broth
-2 cans of hominy (I like the white hominy better than the yellow)
-2 small cans of diced green chilis (I ALWAYS buy HATCH brand.  They are a New Mexico grown chili and are the absolute best EVER, so if your grocery store carries this brand, choose it first!)
-1 small can of diced jalapenos (I've also used the sliced)
-1/3 of an onion diced
-2 tbsp. real butter
-1 spoonful of minced or chopped garlic (I use the jar located in the produce department)
- 2-3 bouillon cubes ( I LOVE the Knorr brand, and only use 2 of those)
-oregano
-cumin
-onion powder
-Grill Shakers poultry seasoning
-Cavendars Greek Seasoning (which by the way is the BEST seasoning to have at all times.  Great on steaks, burgers, chicken, vegetables, it's sooooo amazing!)
-Cayenne pepper
-pepper



  • In a large soup pot and on medium heat, sautee onions and garlic in the butter until onions are soft. 
  • Add chicken and all of the seasonings.  When I am seasoning the chicken, I pretty much just shake a few shakes of each seasoning to cover the chicken.  I use quite a bit of the greek seasoning, the poultry seasoning, and the cumin (approximately 1-2 tbsp.).  I use less cayenne pepper so it's not too spicy (about 1/4 tsp)! Add more or less depending on your spicy preference!
  • Add green chilis and jalapenos to the chicken just as soon as you've added all of the seasonings.  This combination is magical and really gets all of the flavors right into your chicken! 
  • Allow chicken to cook fully while stirring occasionally.
  • Add great northern beans and hominy (I add the entire can, but you can also drain them if you prefer)
  • Add the entire box of chicken broth.
  • Add 2-3 chicken bouillon cubes.
  • Bring to a boil and let simmer for NO LESS THAN ONE HOUR!  (This allows for all of these seasonings to combine and makes your house smell amazing!  The longer you simmer, the longer the seasonings have to really cook)
  • Add shredded cheese and dip fresh tortillas in it too! ENJOY!!!



No comments:

Blog's I Love

My Special Friends

What Would You Like To Know?