Yesterday...Tomorrow....Today......


For so long I have avoided this blog…I have not only been busy with life, in general, but I’ve been too busy to stop and allow myself to be inspired enough to actually put a pen to paper.  Today (thankfully) I am humbled…..I am inspired…..I am grateful……and I am compassionate.

Some of you may think you feel these emotions daily…….some of you may be asking if you’ll ever experience these emotions.  I, honestly avoided them.  I guarded myself and allowed myself to resist these feelings altogether.  I allowed my heart to ‘harden’ so-to-speak.  I lost the desire and the will to do anything for anyone other than my family, because let’s face it – that’s almost impossible.  I truly started to question if God was even present in my life anymore.  And I knew why He wasn’t……it was because I quit inviting Him. 

Instead of inviting Him to be a part of my daily life, I resented him for not showing up.  It was like I threw a party, didn’t send out any invitations, and then got mad at everyone because they didn’t come to my party.  I have always struggled with this in my relationship with God.  I KNOW BETTER! But I am also a human being! So I try not to beat myself up too much when it all just clicks again!

I purposefully didn’t invite him because I wanted to see if he would come anyway.  It was like I was testing Him.  Have you ever done this?? Have you ever expected someone to “know what you’re thinking?”  Like your husband??  “I didn’t say anything because you should’ve already known how I was feeling!”  HAHA! I learned rather quickly, that if I don’t say the words, it’s never going to be understood!  {And why do we do that????? Women brains are just weird!} 

God taught me a lesson.   He stayed silent.  He stepped back and allowed me the freedom to experience the necessary events until I was ready to admit that I couldn’t do it alone after all.  That’s because he knows that’s the only way I ever learn.  J 

My point of even writing today was to say that I’ve had a revelation!  I am taking my life one day at a time, (which, by the way, has been the best thing I’ve ever done!) and making a conscious effort to just ‘chill out!’  I set out to accomplish a certain amount of tasks for the day and cross them off of my list as the days goes on.  I feel so much happier now that I’ve done this.  I am not worried about tomorrow, or next week, or the week after that!  I am simply focused on today.  I LET THE REST GO!!!

The Dalai Lama says, “There are only two days in the year that nothing can be done.  One is called yesterday, and the other is called tomorrow, so today is the RIGHT day to love, believe, do and mostly live.” 

And in the day we call ‘today’, remember that if you want God to be there, you need to invite Him to be.  I don’t think of Him as ‘pushy’.  I think of Him as gentle.  I think of Him as kind.  I think of Him as loving.  And He’s going to let me handle situations on my own, unless I ASK Him for help. 
Maybe you’re asking, “how do I invite him?” The answer is Pray.  Tell him your feelings.  Tell him when you are doubtful of His plan.  Tell him when you are worried about something.  But when you want to really see changes, start claiming the opposite of what is causing the worry.

 ‘Thank you God for making me a strong woman who is determined for greatness.  Thank you for creating me to be the wife and mother you intended me to be.  Thank you for filling in the ‘weak’ spots of my faith.  Thank you for amplifying my strengths because I know I have you on my side.”

Thank God in advance for His answer to prayers.  Thank Him for His faithfulness.  Start telling Him how you are confident in His plan and that you are thankful that you will soon see the outcome and be grateful for your journey along the way.  

We will always see EXACTLY why His timing was the RIGHT timing. 

And maybe you’re not much of a religious or spiritual person….and that’s ok.  Maybe you don’t have an image of who your God is.  Is something missing?  Is there a void?? What do you fill the void with??I always find that something is missing when God is not a part of my life…..just a thought! J 

Hopefully I am not the ONLY one in life who has ever had doubts in my faith! And now you know you’re not the only one!   As always, I love every single one of you who reads this!!  Until next time……


No comments:

Blog's I Love

My Special Friends

What Would You Like To Know?