Getting Into The Christmas Spirit


Each December I find myself wishing the month away.  And come January I find myselfe regretting the fact that I wished away life! I have Finals for school, Christmas programs and parties, Nutcracker ballet performances, Addison’s birthday, Christmas, Christmas shopping, Christmas wrapping, etc., etc., etc., - the list could go on forever it seems.  But this December I want to change a few things…..for starters a lot of people in Hobbs are going to ger RACK’ed (Random Acts of Christmas Kindess).  I have researched some cute little ideas (like here), and of course my kiddos are going to get involved and I will see what ideas they come up with as well.  Last month I ordered some little cards to include with our ‘RACK’


I am looking forward to experiencing this with my kids!

I am also changing my focus on life.  Here are a few ‘less and mores’ (inspired by this blog here)….


-       Less clean surfaces and more projects that reach across the table or countertop for hours….maybe even days
-       Less drawer usage and more piles
-       Less keyboard typing/online activity and more facetime
-       Less treadmill running and more unconventional forms of exercise
-       Less baking perfection and more helping hands
-       Less watching TV and more watching the sun set and counting stars
-       Less ‘hurry up’ and more ‘pause’
-       Less time spent on appearance and more hats on unwashed hair


Overall, I just want my life to seem meaningful and full of fun family memories! The busy-ness of life always seems to allow us to forget what’s really important.  It’s not the ‘material things’  it’s simply the ‘meaningful things’ that are truly important!!  

Love you all!!! 

Bethany

No comments:

Blog's I Love

My Special Friends

What Would You Like To Know?