A life worth living...A life that makes a difference in the lives of others....

I have been following a precious angel for several months now. She is 21 years old and she began her battle in 2008 against cancer and has beat it 3 times. The last time she conquered cancer was a few weeks ago when they informed her she was officially 'in remission'. She had a tumor in her lungs the size of a grapefruit and after chemo, it disappeared!!!! (The picture below shows the before on the right and the after on the left)


I don't know if you guys saw when I posted about the amazing 21 year old girl who while in chemo treatments in the hospital, painted some amazing cowboy boots and donated them to a charity event for cancer research and they raised $30,000! That's right, it's not a typo - $30,000!!!!

Well, last week she came down with pneumonia....and the doctors have said she will soon take her last breath. They didn't expect here to live through yesterday, but she is still with us today. Here are some truly miraculous events that happened yesterday....

~Yesterday at 3:45 pm~""Lala is still here. We were told at 11am that she would be sleeping until rhe final sleep; unable to speak. We have been stroking her face, her arms and telling she is loved. Giving her permission to go if she wants.
A few minutes ago, Melanie (Lauren's mother) climbed into bed with Princess Lala (Lauren) and said," I love you."
Lauren spoke!!!
"I love you."

Her final words will be that.
To the end she is all about love.
Can you believe? Do you feel touched as tho by God? I do.
Love to you!""


~Yesterday at 6:00 pm~""Well, once again Lauren has decided the doctors don't know everything.
An hour ago, Melanie said, "She sounds like she's trying to wake up!"
Two seconds later her eyes popped open, "Hello", she said!
Then she said "I love you" to her sisters, drank some water and worked at becomimg aware of where she is.

This is someone we were told would no longer respond, let alone come awake let alone speak!!

It has been an emotional roller coaster ride but I wouldn't trade my ticket for anything!

Hold a vision of that smile for us. Keep hope alive. ;-)""


~Today at 12:45 pm~ ""Lala is still with us! Last night, Melanie and Lauren had their personal time. Lauren woke up and said, "Why am I in the hospital? I want to go back. I was having SO much fun!"
Melanie said, "Then go back, honey."
"I want to go back in time to when I was having fun."

Lauren came back from being with God to say a special good-bye to her Mom who had felt she had not had a chance for her own personal good-bye with all the well wishers and family members.

But all that changed because Lauren, being Lauren, heard God say, "Lala, your Mom needs peace and comfort. Go back and say one last good-bye."

She hears God's voice and takes it to heart........ours.""


I am still going to continue to pray for a miracle....I won't give up hope until she takes her last breath, but as long as she is breathing, I am believing God will heal her body and she will be a testimony of his amazing love! She is an inspiration to so many and has been a true inspiration to my life. I can only hope that my life serves a purpose and I take my focus of the minor little day-to-day distractions and focus on making a long-term difference in the lives of others......Lala's (Lauren's nickname) motto has always been "I've got this".....

So to her, today, I send my love. I know some of you may not care - and probably wonder why I care about a complete stranger - but I think about the difference she's made in the lives of strangers and am blown away!!!! My heart aches for her and her family, and I hope she defies all odds and makes it through this!!!!


(This is Lala after her last chemo treatment....it began to rain outside and she had to dance in the rain!!!!)

~If you'd like to follow as one of her soldiers....go to the facebook page "Lala's Soldiers" and request to join. They will add you quickly!! I hope she inspires you as much as she's inspired me!!!

No comments:

Blog's I Love

My Special Friends

What Would You Like To Know?