Dream Unexpected...

Until today, I haven't understood why my motivation for anything to do with 'school' has flown right out the window. I procrastinate every assignment and can care less about the grade I get - as long as i 'pass'. Horrible, I know!! But for over a year now I have been attending classes, writing papers, taking tests - etc., and I knew my goal and felt like I was handling business! Zak was the one supporting me in every step - encouraging me to stick with it, telling me how proud he is of me, working hard to support the family so I didn't have to work....

Well, now he is the one accomplishing his goal. He started a new job and has to spend five months of training away from us, with the exception of the weekends. He is taking classes, taking tests, and learning in the field. This is a job with a company with benefits, retirement, bonuses, etc., and has been a goal he's been working towards for several years now. He finally made his dream a reality the day he was informed he was hired!

Today I read something that gave me revelation....and this is what it said:

"Sometimes God will require you to first be faithful to that which pertains to another man. It has been said that, "Whatever you make happen for other people, God will make happen for you." Until you help someone facilitate their dream, you have no right to expect yours to come to pass. There's something you learn from helping other people with their dreams that prepares you for your own." ~TD Jakes

Zak had always been the one who helped facilitate my dreams of completing my degree. Because of his willingness to do this, not making his goals a priority, but making mine a priority.....now God is making that happen for him. And now it is MY turn to put my goal on hold - not making my goal the priority, but stepping up and picking up any slack necessary for Zak to accomplish his goal.

I guess the revelation I had today, was that the lack of motivation this semester falls onto my desire to put Zak's goals ahead of my own - I know i'm still taking classes, and my schedule this year is a complete blessing because I could not have handled any more classes than I currently have - I lost the 'focus' of my goal because his goal became my focus. I know next semester, I'll be right back on track! And now that I believe I have an explanation for how I've felt, it gives me peace...because I know that when this season is over, and I have enjoyed helping my husband facilitate his dream, God is preparing me for my dream! I will be more focused and motivated and maybe even more appreciative!

I love the process of life when that 'a-ha' moment occurs, something clicks, and life just makes sense! Just thought I'd share, in case some of you are in a place right now that you are unsure of your goals and dreams.....it may simply be because right now, you are supposed to help someone else facilitate their goals and in doing so...God is preparing you for your own goals and dreams!!

No comments:

Blog's I Love

My Special Friends

What Would You Like To Know?