The Hypocrite and the Frog...


There was once a lovely princess who lived a life filled with high expectations from her people. She always had to be on her best behavior in an effort to set the utmost example for those who continually had watch. But there were times when she felt the need to simply 'let go' and while under the watchful eyes she was caught red-handed doing something that was frowned upon amongst the entire kingdom. Even though she never spoke out against this kind of behavior, others had their own standards set for the princess and when she failed to meet them, she was forever labeled 'the hypocrite'!

She was banished from the kingdom, never to return when she ran across a talking frog. The frog asked, "Why does such a beautiful princess have any business here in my swamp? She replied, "I failed to live up to the expectations of the people in my kingdom and they turned their back on my royal family and forced me to leave. They said I was a hypocrite, and that they would have nothing to do with those in the royal palace ever again because we were all hypocrites."

The frog replied, "Why are they so quick to judge? Why can they not understand that what is not acceptable to them, may not be unacceptable for you? It is a learning process and no one can control how others learn in their walk through life."

The princess replied, "If only everyone had your point of view, frog....then and only then would the hurt be avoided."

===================================================
One of the biggest lessons I've learned in my life is that we each are individuals in our walk with God. Yes, there are some issues that are obviously black and white, but for that not specified in our book of instructions, it is only between myself and God to determine what works for me. It doesn't mean that my opinion might change about certain things I think are ok - but it is a process of change. Perfection is a goal that can never be attained - so why do so many expect it from people within the church?

The topic of hypocrisy has been something I've overheard a lot over the last couple of weeks. Church may be 'filled with hypocrites' but so is the world.....and church is such a better place for a 'hypocrite' to be...don't you think? It is so important to rely on the faithfulness of God alone, because man will always disappoint-every man will fall short...it's simply in our DNA- It doesn't matter if it's the Pastor, Elder, Worship Leader or simply a member - they may try to set good examples, but they are human. If they are IN church, maybe something is sinking in and they can eventually change their ways - but again, the change is a process that never happens instantly.

I don't know about you, but I would much rather be in a church filled with people who makes mistakes and are human rather then one where everyone hides their mistakes in order to avoid being labeled a 'hypocrite'. My main goal in life is loving others.....life is so much more peaceful when I take my focus off of others and instead focus my attention on how God can make me better.

Just a thought.....

No comments:

Blog's I Love

My Special Friends

What Would You Like To Know?