My Mama....


With Mother's Day being Sunday, I wanted to post a blog especially for my mama. A woman who never ceases to amaze me with her strength in everything, but most recently her battle with cancer. She knew from the beginning that she was going to be completely healed....and her positive outlook, drive, willingness, toleration, and most of all FAITH, proved just that. She overcame. With 2 chemo treatments left, the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter and brighter!

So I am thankful. I am thankful to God for my mama and the inspirational example she has always set for me and my sisters and brother. If she's ever had doubt in her faith, she has NEVER expressed that doubt to anyone.

Thank you God for my mama. Thank you God for the many many prayers you've answered! Thank you for making her the perfect mama. Thank you for giving her...

~the ability to run on black coffee and leftovers
~a lap to sit on
~A kiss that cures anything from a broken leg to a broken heart
~6 pairs of hands
~Eyes that say 'I understand and I love you' without even uttering a word
~the ability to heal herself when she is sick
~the ability to feed a family of 6 on one pound of hamburger (or 1 turkey for the week)
~a softness when she needs to be soft
~a toughness when she needs to be tough
~the ability to endure and overcome anything
~tears that express joy, sadness, disappointment, pain, lonliness, and pride
~the willingness to listen to me talk, or help me with my homework - even when she's in the middle of getting a chemo treatment.

That is my mama, and I love my mama very much!

Happy Mother's Day to my Mom and to all of you Mother's!

**Some Mom qualities stolen from the Poem "Why God Made Mothers" by Erma Bombeck**

No comments:

Blog's I Love

My Special Friends

What Would You Like To Know?