Shiners....


The world around us desperately needs people who can shine God's love into their lives. At the store, at the bank, at the school, even at church. And too often our busy-ness prevents us from just sharing God's love with others. Even if just with a smile, or a 'thank you', or 'have a great day'. I know I am guilty of reacting to people with poor customer service skills! But instead of reacting negatively, we still need to allow God to shine through every action. It is our choice to let circumstances get the better of us, so instead of acting quickly....pause for just a minute, and think about what you could say that would make God proud to have you on His team. We have to be Shiners. Shiners make the world a better place...so be a part of the world that makes things better for others, rather than worse!!

We sang the song as kids, "I'm gonna let it shine" - God uses our light to draw others to Him.

"Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I'm putting you on a light stand. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven." (Matthew 5:14-16)

No comments:

Blog's I Love

My Special Friends

What Would You Like To Know?