Pride...

My husband was tucking the kids into bed tonight and told each one, "I'm proud of you." When he told Cayden, Cayden said "I love you too." And Zak said, "What? I said I'm proud of you." And Cayden replied, "Oh, I thought you said I love you." He said, "Well I do love you but I'm proud of you too!"

This struck a chord in my heart because it is so important that as parents, we not only tell our children we love them, but that we are proud of them too. I don't think it was a coincident or accident....I truly believe that when we express our pride to our children, they perceive that as another way we show our love.

I love how proud I am of my kids! I know they don't always make good choices - but who does, right? But even in spite of bad decisions, we can be proud of the lessons they learn. Or we can be proud of their abilities, whether academically, spiritually, athletically.....

I know that it seems so obvious, but you would be surprised at how difficult it is sometimes for parents to express how proud they are of their kids. It lights up their life to know they have a big supporter - rooting for them and wanting nothing but success in everything they do!

And being the person I am...I relate this spiritually! God never wants us to fail, but if we have failed in our life...we always have a cheerleader! God wants nothing but the best for us. He wants nothing but success! He is rooting for us! A mistake is never a mistake if you learn from it...instead it is a lesson. And when we fall, He will supplement our weakness. We are weak, he is strong; when we fall short, He is tall; where we are small, He is big. Failure is inevitable, perfection is a goal that is never reached - know you have a Savior who is proud of his child and is holding out his hand to help you up....I don't know who this is for - but God does! Everything is gonna be ok...sit at His feet, drink from His cup, lay against Him and breath, feel His heart beat, melt in His peace.....

"Don't panic. I'm with you.
There's no need to fear for I'm your God.
I'll give you strength. I'll help you.
I'll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you. (Isaiah 41:10, Message Bible)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Great truth Bethany! I love seeing the light in my boys eyes when they know we are proud of them. It is definitely confirmation of our love.

Bethany said...

I love it too Heather! It is so obvious in their reaction how truly important our pride in them is!! It can change their day..help them sleep better at night, just knowing that they are doing what makes their mama and daddy proud!!!

Blog's I Love

My Special Friends

What Would You Like To Know?