Gratitude...

I don't know why I am so filled with gratitude today - for my husband, my kids, my brothers and sisters, my parents, my in-laws, and my friends. I love days like today....when I choke back the tears as I tell God how much I appreciate all the blessing he's poured down upon my life. My cup runneth over. I am not worthy of all he has blessed me with.....

I heard a story on the radio the other day. A guy told about himself as a child and how he took a fish out of its fish tank and it was too late before he realized the fish couldn't survive out of his water and the fish died. He was consumed with guilt! His eyes filled with tears as he told his mom, 'I killed my fish mama' and he said he'd never forget the words his mom said...."Honey, Jesus loves you even more than I do! It's gonna be ok!"

It's so hard to comprehend that kind of love, because as a mother, I know how much I love my own children! And Jesus loves me more!!! WOW!! Keep yourself surrounded in God's love today! Remember how the fish couldn't survive out of his environment?? I don't know how anyone can survive without God surrounding his environment! I would be gasping for air otherwise......

I genuinely love you all!!!

"I'm speaking to you out of deep gratitude for all that God has given me, and especially as I have responsibilities in relation to you. Living then, as every one of you does, in pure grace, it's important that you not misinterpret yourselves as people who are bringing this goodness to God. No, God brings it all to you. The only accurate way to understand ourselves is by what God is and by what he does for us, not by what we are and what we do for him." (Romans 12:2-4)

2 comments:

Annie said...

I'm just leaving a comment to let you know that I am still reading and enjoying everything that you share. I loved today's message. Thank you!

Bethany said...

Thank you sweet Annie! I appreciate that so very much!!! Love you!!!

Blog's I Love

My Special Friends

What Would You Like To Know?