Well, Hello there!

Well, well....I finally get to do something I love, which is write down all of my thoughts and hopes so that anyone who wants can read it and either gain something from it, or learn how crazy I am....haha!

It has been so long since my last blog. November 1st, actually. And lots and lots of stuff has happened since then! I won't list it all...don't want this blog to turn into a novel!

Needless to say, I have been beyond busy. Life always seems to become jam packed from Thanksgiving through New Year's. I have struggled a lot with my ability to have time to do things that matter....things that make a difference in lives of others. I always feel like my life is simply wasting time, day by day.....being nothing but busy. Whether it's homework, running kids to their various activities, doing what it takes to please everyone or bending over backwards to make sure everything for everyone is completely taken care of...life has me exhausted. It seems as though the only break I get is when my body gets sick and I have no other choice but to stop and rest. I absolutely loved and need many messages given to me this week!!
One was this....."That when you need a break, - take a break. You will often find that the world does not crumble when you are resting. Others will move in to take care of those details that you think cannot be done without you."

How necessary was this for me to hear??? VERY!!!! Why is it in our female DNA to think we are the only ones who will ever do things the right way??? We take on so much and then wonder why we are so busy all the time??? But think we have to do it all because we are the only ones who can!! This is a trait I wish would just disappear!

The other was given to me by a very precious friend of mine, who when I explained my busy-ness.....gave me a different perspective. She told me this...

"you being busy with your precious growing family IS God- oriented. This is the job He blessed you with, and it only brings honor to Him for you to make them happy, and make yourself happy. All too soon they will be grown and away from home. So, don't kick yourself for your busy-ness. I really deep down in my heart believe that is God's job for you. So, you keep loving it, keep doing what you're doing, kay? Your thankfulness and blessed feeling make God's heart happy."


So in the busy-ness of life that us mom's always seem to get ourselves into, remember these words. I know they blessed me tremendously and I hope they bless you too!! With all of the loss and sickness I have experienced over the past couple of years....I am determined to complete the God-given tasks before my life is over. I know that when I die, I want to have made a difference in others lives. I want to have done something that is bigger than myself. And I know that season will come, but for now...I am in the exact season that God wants me in. I just need to enjoy it, appreciate it, be humble in it, and love others as much as I possibly can!!

Love to you all!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This touches me very much, Bethany. You are a blessed woman and recognize your blessings. :-) I pray the enemy's darts just bounce off you, and that you continue to feel joy in your place. I love you! ~Renee

Blog's I Love

My Special Friends

What Would You Like To Know?