Purpose...

I've been holding off on blogging lately because I just can't seem to wrap myself around the right words, but today I saw a quote that said,

"Finding peace requires zeroing in on your singular, divinely ordained purpose, the task or tasks that God has assigned especially to you. Other people cannot define that. God has a role for you to play that may be quite distinct – no better or worse – from what’s designated for the next person." {~TD JAKES}

This hit me hard because I've been struggling with my purpose for about a week now. I feel as though I try so hard to partake in things that glorify God's name - going further than just behavior, or being the mother or wife that I am supposed to be. Don't get me wrong, I take my job as a mother and wife very seriously - I just know in my heart that God's purpose for my life goes so much further than that!

I desire to be a part of ministries in the church, but my schedule and busy-ness with my family and school always seems to interfere in a way where I don't feel like I can truly give my best. (Though I know that the time I DO spend doing it, I am giving God my all and it brings me so much joy). Because of this inability to perform ministerially, I have really started to question my purpose. What is God's purpose for my life??

You always hear in the start of a new year about how God is going to do amazing things this year....which is great - but I don't want my focus to be on anything other than what I can do for God this year. I try to incorporate things I love to do that bring me joy - things that show the true desire of my heart - and turn them into acts that can bring God's name the glory it deserves. So why do I always seem to fall short?

Well, I guess I'll call this blog 'Purpose, Part 1" because I am currently in the midst and don't exactly have any answers that are necessary to conclude my point.

I just know, that when we find our purpose, we find peace. I am currently praying for my purpose and for peace, while reading "The Purpose Driven Life" again for additional support! (You know how I have to bury myself in readings!) I'll let you know when I find my 'purpose'.

Another quote because I love it...

"Battles are real, but victories are even more real to the Believer. Even in the midst of your trials, position yourself right where God wants you to be—in the center of His love. Believe in His love and walk in the power of His might today!" ~Creflo A. Dollar

No comments:

Blog's I Love

My Special Friends

What Would You Like To Know?